I am a web developer with three years of professional web
development experience. I recently arrived in Brisbane from
Ottawa, Canada and I expect to be living here for at least three
front-end code and I am also confident developing back-end
applications. I am passionate about writing high quality code,
rigorous testing and learning new technologies.
I have worked in small companies with a few colleagues and large organizations with more than a hundred employees. Through my collaboration with both small and large teams I am familiar with agile workflows. I have experience managing and assigning work to remote workers and being a remote worker myself.
In my spare time I like to share my knowledge through workshops, make art using Arduino and tinker with my Raspberry-Pis.
- Have used and am familiar with Object Oriented Programming principles in both writing original code and refactoring existing code.
- Implemented localization and theming on a C#.Net web-application with different styles and templates based on theme
- Debugged and supported a legacy C# web-application
- Programmatically generated and modified stylesheets using Compass, SASS and Python
- Used and configured a Node.js server to broadcast events over web-sockets
- Created and styled views for a (Java) Spring Framework project using Freemarker templates
- Managed workflow, prioritized issues and worked with team in continuous collaboration using ticketing systems such as JIRA and agile development processes
- Built a web app using Backbone.js to promote and demonstrate desktop application functionality
- Configured and maintained Linux servers with Apache2, MySQL and PHP (LAMP) stack
- Maintained, merged, resolved conflicts and developed codebases using Subversion and Git
- Developed and tested custom themes and features for WordPress
- Published video using HTML5 technologies for desktop and mobile browsers, including Android
- Used unit tests during development to ensure code is robust and has all the required functionality
Languages and Tools
Programming and Markup Languages
- C# MVC3
- xHTML, HTML5
- SASS, SCSS, CSS 2 & CSS 3
- Visual Studio 2012
- Chrome Developer Toolbar, FireBug
- Microsoft Server Management Studio
- Eclipse IDE
- jQuery & jQueryUI
Experience & Education
HTML5 Developer at Lixar I.T.September 2012 to presentDuties: Developing and styling applications for embedded and mobile platforms using HTML5 and CSS3. Developing new features and providing support for legacy web-applications on a C#.Net platform. Working on small and large teams in close communication with project managers and team members.